It can be hard to resist those big, puppy-dog eyes that your kids give you when they are trying to convince you to buy something. But, surveys have found that 60% of parents feel their kids are “a little” or “a lot” spoiled. Here are some ways to help show your love while cutting back your spending.
- Find free community activities to do as a family.
- Buy second-hand clothing.
- Cut back on the toy-spending.
- Cut your child’s hair.
- Be creative with family time; stay in instead of going out and spending money.
- Bring your own food and snacks while you’re out and about.
- Set an example..show your kids how to comparison shop.
- Just say “no”.
- Talk to your kids about money whenever you get the chance.
For more, read the entire article here.