Saving for College Activity: Planning
Before heading off to college, there are a lot of decisions to be made. What do you want to do? Where do you want to go? How much do you want to spend? How much do you want to borrow? Planning ahead and researching your options will help you make these decisions.
- What do you like to do? What are your hobbies? What are you interested in?
- What kinds of careers interest you?
- Which colleges offer programs in these areas? Do any colleges specialize in these areas?
- How much is tuition at these colleges? What other costs will there be?
- What is the starting salary for the careers your researched?
- Do the colleges you researched offer any types of scholarships, grants, or work study jobs?